Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2013....

So it's 2013, I've just realised that this blog is around 5 years old. Alot has happened in 5years however I dont think I've quiete captured all of it here. The UKZN Westville Hindu Center has certainly changed a bit in the past few years in terms of renovations and the quality of the outfits etc.  The hope is that this will be maintained over the years to come by willing students.

Seeing that this blog is about deities, lets glance at the deities I've had the chance of wroshipping in the past years.
Westville Radha Krishna
Above are the deities I had worshipped around March of 2010.
Radha Vrajasundar
Around June of 2010, I had recieved these deities pictured above. I named them Radh Vrajasundara. Didn't really get to worship them much though due to circumstances. Eventually I let go off them to a prabhu who was eager to have Radha Krishna deities with intention of getting a marble set of deities.
Krishna deity at New |Jaganath Puri Temple, Phoenix, shortly after he was purchased.
In December of 2012, one of my friends had gifted me this 24inch deity of Krishna. I had him for a while and have seen many trying times with this deity. I could never find a matching Radharani for this Krishna however. I somehow have affinity for Radha and Krishna together when worshipping as opposed to Krishna alone.

This a glimpse of the deities I've had thus far. More posts to follow..

No comments:

Post a Comment